Total Classes - 10
|Implant Surgery full day class
Implant theory & implant placement
|Implant prosthetic class (5 half day classes)
Three and a Half hours each
||10:00am to 5:00pm
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the biomechanics of Implants and biology of implant-based oral rehabilitation.
- To enable case-selection, clinical & radiographic assessment of patients for dental implant rehabilitation
- To achieve a satisfactory degree of skill and confidence in standard implant placement
- To get practical tips on how to avoid common pitfalls and complications in Implantology
Module – 1 (INTRODUCTORY PHASE)
- When & why to choose a classical implant retained fixed restorations post extraction
- Introduction to Implantology
- Surgical anatomy of the maxilla & mandible
- Case selection & treatment planning
- Medical considerations in implants
- Pharmacology in implants
- BONE:-relation to implants
- Bone density
- Bone biology & physiology
- Anatomic considerations
- Concepts of Osseo integration: - a cellular phenomenon
- Biotype classification
- SAC classification
- Different types & designs of implants
- Radiology in implants:-
- Opg diagnosis
- CT planning with advanced planning software
- Virtual planning with CBCT evaluation
- Surgical guide fabrication
- Basic armamentarium & preoperative assessment including sterility protocols.
- Hands on: - Incision & Flap design rationale, Suturing techniques on dummy models.
Module – 2 (SURGICAL PHASE)
- Concepts of basic implant surgical techniques A to Z – step by step
- Introduction to different implant systems
- Specific Implant selection
- Implant dentistry – A periodontal perspective
- Peri-implant soft tissue complex
- Predictable bone remodeling Vs Crestal bone loss
- Understand the pitfalls in hard & soft tissue anatomy
- Hands on: - Implant placement on the model
- Preoperative dental operatory protocol for Implants
- Live conventional implant placement by the mentor
- Essential aspects of Physiodispenser unit
- The mystique about membranes
- Live implant placement by the participant with bone evaluation
- Individual case planning & post operative evaluation with discussion
- Occlusion in Implants
- Socket preservation techniques & materials
- Flap or Flapless implantology
- Immediate implants: how to place it & to load or not to load?
Module – 3 (CLINICAL PHASE)
- What are Prosthetic components & Abutments?
- Hype about bone grafts: - what is the best graft material?
- Titanium tacs for membrane stabilization
- Prosthetic options for individual clinical case
- Gingival modification prior to Impressions
- Different impression techniques i.e. Abutment & Fixture level
- Guideline to prosthetic options
- cement retained / screw retained
- Optimal Abutment selection criteria
- Single Vs Two stage
- Implant overdentures
- Advantages & disadvantages
- Planning for implant placement
- Ball over - partials
- Understand how bone density & implant diameter affects prosthesis type & design
- The hybrid prosthesis
- Basic principle of maxillary sinus elevation
- All on four & all on six concept
- Hands on: – Over denture demonstration
Module – 4 (PROSTHETIC PHASE)
- Specialized implant impression trays
- Bite registration for full mouth rehabilitation with implants
- Biomechanical considerations
- Implant platforms
- Abutment connection & designs
- Analysis of biomechanical factors for prosthetic options like single implant crowns, fixed partial crowns.
- Loading protocols
- Concepts of occlusion in Implant retained prosthesis
- Peri-Implant soft tissue management
- Provisionalization of Implants
- Gingival former selection & recovering of osseointegrated implants
- Hands on: - Impression on models
Module – 5
Live hands on: - Impression taking on the patient
- Causes, diagnosis & management
- Maintenance of Implants
- Immediate prosthesis in Aesthetic zone
- Final prosthetic rehabilitation by the participants
- Prosthetic complications management
Material provided by the Academy
- Prosthetic training by the Prosthodontist.
- Full 1 year follow-up/consultation
- Special surgical kit provided by the Academy to the students during the programme.
PROGRAMME FEES - 1,50,000/- Plus GST
(INCLUDING COST OF 3 IMPLANTS PLUS 3 PROSTHESIS).
Patients provided by the Academy.
"All expenses material , instruments and lab cost has to be borne by the students."